Harry Reid (D) vs. Sharron Angle (R)
Campaign bus name:
- Reid: ReidRod
- Angle: AngleWagon
Position on foreign policy:
- Reid: Wants U.S. military to be powerful
- Angle: Wants U.S. military to be mighty
- Reid: Sagittarians are prone to fits of rage, flightiness
- Angle: Leos have a stubborn streak, heavy periods
- Reid: Used taxpayer money to fund Viagra
- Angle: Caught making and selling star maps of local Reno celebrities
On the Proper Size of Government:
- Reid: "We must carefully balance the size of our federal government between the debt load that we can bear and the vital projects that lobbyists pay me for."
- Angle: "Traffic lights stomp on our freedoms! To arms, my brothers!"
Stance on Medicare, Social Security, the Federal Reserve, the U.N., the Department of Education, combating climate change, forcing BP to pay for oil-spill damages, allowing abortions for rape and incest victims, and fluoridating drinking water:
- Reid: Pro
- Angle: Anti
Quote from debate:
- Reid: "I'm sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with these Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama people you keep mentioning."
- Angle: "Hold on a sec and let me come up with an answer that's absolutely fucking nuts."